Thursday, December 3, 2009

Macarons



This, my friends, is the first bite of the first macaron I've ever had. For years I've been dying to have one. I've drooled over countless pictures and recipes.

Macarons are a traditional French pastry and this one was worth the wait. There are no bakeries around me that make macarons (I had this in Vegas), so now that I've had one - I'm just going to have to make them myself. And let me tell you, I am scared! Making these little suckers is all about technique.

Generally my baking skills are good, my technique - that could use some work. But I love a good challenge, especially in the kitchen. I'm going to us a chocolate recipe from a great resource - David Lebovitz. So if you are interested in going down this rabbit hole with me, stay tuned as I soon will be tackling this on my own!

In the meantime - look at all these beautiful macarons (and get a head start on making some for yourself if you dare!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment